To add an anchor to a page, first, place your cursor at the location on the page where you would like to place the anchor and then click the Anchor icon.
The Insert/Edit Anchor dialog will appear.
Enter the Anchor Name in the text box and click Insert to add the anchor. Remember to use good naming conventions for anchors, too. No spaces or special characters should be used.
Linking to an Anchor
When the anchor is on the same page as the anchor link, add the anchor name to the Anchor field. Do not add the preceding # in the Anchor field. Cascade Server will add it in the publish process.
When the anchor is on a different page, choose Hyperlink Options and then add the name of the anchor to the Anchor field.
Documents must be loaded into Cascade Server prior to being added to a page. Documents must be less than 1MB in size in order to be loaded into Cascade Server. Follow the PDF optimization guide if your file is larger than 1MB. Files that cannot be optimized to less than 1MB may be placed on the Large File (Catcher) Server instead.
Loading Documents into Cascade Server
Click on New > Default > DocumentPage to upload a document into Cascade Server.
When the New File screen loads, you can drag and drop the file into the window or click click Choose File to select the file from your computer.
- System Name – File name. The system will automatically use the name of the file from your computer. You may update the file name if needed. Remember, do not use any spaces, special characters, or uppercase letters. if you update the system name be sure to include the correct file extension (filename.pdf, anotherfile.doc, etc.).
- Parent Folder – Automatically set by your department's web template and should not be modified.
- File Upload – Click Choose File to select the document from your computer. Files must be smaller than 1MB.
- Title/Display in Navigation/Navigation Title – Use these fields if you plan on including your document in your website menu. This text is what will be used as the actual text in the menu as opposed to the system file name. It allows you to provide more meaningful text since the file name may not always provide the correct context for your website users.
Loading Images into Cascade Server
Click on New > Default > ImageFile to upload an image into Cascade Server.
When the New File screen loads, you will give the file a name and select the file from your computer to upload into Cascade Server.
- System Name – File name. You may update the file name if needed. Remember, do not use any spaces, special characters, or uppercase letters. If you update the system name be sure to include the correct file extension (filename.pdf, anotherfile.doc, etc.).
- Parent Folder – Defined at the system level and should not be modified.
- File Upload – Click Choose File to select the image from your computer. Files must be smaller than 1MB.
Always be sure to add your image to Cascade Server (see previous section) before adding it to a web page. To add an image to your web page, place the cursor where you want the image to appear and click the Insert/Edit Image button on the WYSIWYG editor menu.
- The Insert/Edit Image dialog will display. Make sure to leave the selection on Internal.
- Choose the image from the Cascade Server file system in the Image field. You can choose by file name by typing in the search box or click the Browse icon to browse through the system to locate the image.
Just like with hyperlinking to internal files, you can switch between sites in the Cascade Server to locate the image, if necessary. A preview of the selected image will be displayed. Click Confirm to complete the selection.