This document will explain how to configure Outlook 2016 to use your TAMU Exchange mailbox. Instructions for older version of Outlook may differ slightly; please contact the Helpdesk if you encounter difficulties.
These instructions work from inside the TAMU network (on campus). If you are outside the TAMU network, you will need to connect to TAMU's VPN server before continuing. VPN instructions can be found here.
Configuring Outlook 2016
- Launch Outlook, and click on the File tab in the upper left corner of Outlook
- Click on Add Account in the Account Information window
- In the Auto Account Setup window, enter the following information:
- Your name as you want it to appear on your outgoing email
- Your email address as
- Your NetID password (If you are using your NetID to log in you do not have to put a password)
- Click Next.
- Outlook will now attempt to automatically detect your email settings—this may take up to 3 minutes.
- Once you see the congratulations message in the Add Account dialog window, click Finish
Once logged in, Outlook will download your folders and email from the TAMU Exchange server (this may take a few minutes), and Outlook will be ready for use.