Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

The same hiring procedures apply for work student students as with all other student hires with the following additions:

  • The student will need to bring documentation to the Business Office from the Student Financial Aid Office that identifies eligibility and terms for employment as a work study student.
  • The specific times that the student worked must also be listed with the number of hours on the timesheet. The student and the supervisor must sign the timesheet.
  • Work study students can not work over 20 hours per week (unless justified by the supervisor and approved by the Student Employment Office).
  • Work study students cannot turn in estimated time (example: during school holidays when time has to be turned in early). Their hours have to be hours already worked, or being worked the day they turn in the timesheet. Work study students will automatically be terminated after the end of their awarded funds. If they were awarded work study funds for both semesters of the school year (which most are because financial aid is awarded for the year), then they will be terminated at the end of the spring semester. If they are granted more funding and wish to work the next year they will have to fill out the necessary hiring paperwork to put them back on payroll, but they will not have to attend the orientation session.
  • Note On work study students the employer only pays 25% of their pay, the other 75% comes from their financial aid granted to them for the work study program.
  • The student employment office keeps records of how much work study money is left after each pay period, and if the student is running low the office will contact the Business Office. However, if the student has worked more hours than they have funding for, we must pay the student for all hours worked. The employer will have to pay the full 100% for any hours worked over their allowance.
  • No labels